Skip to content
Analyze What You Read
- What does the first spirit show Scrooge?
- Who is Dick Wilkins?
- Who is the young woman at the end of this chapter
- When Scrooge sees himself with the young woman at the end of the chapter, he sees himself as “a man in the prime of
life.” What do you think this means?
- The young woman says another idol has displaced her in Scrooge’s life. What is it?
- What do we learn about Scrooge from each of these memories? Explain.
- The Ghost of Christmas Past helped Scrooge to change the things he did as a young man. True or False?
- In your opinion, has the tone changed? Is the tone of this chapter different than the previous chapter? How? Explain your answer.