1. What is another name for an on-delay timer?
2. Draw a timing diagram for the on-delay timer (including signal/control, NO and NC contacts)
3. What’s the difference between a single-function and multi-function timer?
4. Draw the schematic symbol for both the NO and NC contacts of an on-delay timer.
5. Describe a situation in industry where you might want to use a cumulative on-delay timer.
6. Describe the example Jim uses in the first video where an on-delay timer is used to control two conveyor belts. What’s the function of the timer in this case?
7. What is another name for an off-delay timer?
8. Draw a timing diagram for the off-delay timer (including signal/control, NO and NC contacts).
9. Draw the schematic symbol for both the NO and NC contacts of an off-delay timer.
10. Describe the performance of a flash/repeat/recycle timer.
11. Describe the difference between symmetric and asymmetric timers.
12. Describe the function of a positive/rising edge triggered one-shot timer.
13. Draw the timing diagram for a negative/falling edge triggered one-shot timer.