After you have completed this unit you should be able to:
- Understand the expectations for writing assignments in college courses.
- Recognize specific types of writing assignments frequently included in college courses.
- Understand and apply general strategies for managing college-level writing assignments.
- Determine specific writing strategies that work best for you individually.
- Identify strategies for successful writing.
- Demonstrate comprehensive writing skills.
- Identify writing strategies for use in future classes.
License and Attributions
The chapters in this unit are taken from Writing for Success, which is adapted from a work produced and distributed under a Creative Commons license (CC BY-NC-SA) in 2011 by a publisher who has requested that they and the original author not receive attribution. This adapted edition is produced by the University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing through the eLearning Support Initiative and is available at https://open.lib.umn.edu/writingforsuccess/
This adaptation has reformatted the original text, and replaced some images and figures to make the resulting whole more shareable. This adaptation has not significantly altered or updated the original 2011 text. This work is made available under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license.