Optional Extra Credit Opportunities and/or Grading Elements for Unit 2
Here are some suggestions for additional course components and grading elements:
- The Glossary of Terms in the back is good information for weekly quizzes, mid-term tests, and/or final exams.
- See Exercise 2.2 for instructions on adding to the chart of procrastination challenges and how to solve them.
- Lesson 2.1 on World View and Self Efficacy includes a reference to a listing of the various kinds of world views. Optional assignments might include:
- summarizing the kinds of world views
- writing a comparison/contrast of world views
- creating a chart of world views
- writing an historical perspective
- researching one specific world view
- See Exercise 2.3 on creating a schedule. Students might experiment with two or three different kinds of schedules rather than just filling out one. When the schedules are completed, this might be a good opportunity for a peer review activity where students review each others’ schedules and review for elements such as:
- enough relaxation or buffer times between obligations, study periods, etc.
- enough study time for each subject.
- having completed the rubric for the task: one full week, all tasks, color-coded.
- To expand the Wrap-Up Activity for the lesson on graphic organizers and study cards (4), students can
- write one of the papers for which they have created graphic organizers.
- After completing Exercise 5.1 on recommendations for a personal study area, students can design their ideal study area on graph paper.
- After completing Exercise 5.1 students can create inspirational posters to personalize their study area.
- After completing Exercise 5.1 students can investigate the great variety of white noise for studying YouTube videos and report on them.