Learning Objectives: ANSI/ASNT CP-105- 2016 Section 1(1.1-1.4)
Upon completion of this unit, the student will be able to:
- Understand and explain the historical significance of Industrial Radiography.
- Explain the aspects and significance of radiation safety.
- Explain and Differentiate between Ionizing and non-ionizing radiation
- Describe the meaning of ALARA as it applies to industrial radiation exposure
- Prepare for ASNT (American Society for Non-Destructive Testing) TC-1A Radiation Safety Certification Exam
- 1 Lecture and discussion and unit reading materials
- 2 Guest Speaker – LBCC Radiation Safety officer (RSO)
- 3 Radiation Safety Article Review #1
- 4 Significant Historical Figures in Radiography
- 5 Units of measurement
- 6 Glossary
- 7 Guest Speaker Evaluation
- 8 Article Review #1
- 9 Quiz #1
Homework Assignment due next Tuesday: Research one Industrial incident that has occurred involving radiation (Gamma source or X-ray) Write a brief summary (typed, double spaced…) and be prepared to discuss with the class on Tuesday.
Next Week: Math, Radiation, and a quiz