As you read this chapter, consider the following questions:
- What are houselessness and housing insecurity?
- Where do most families in the U.S. live?
- What are some institutional barriers to home ownership and who are those barriers most likely to affect?
- What are redlining and bluelining?
- What is the purpose of the Fair Housing Act and how successful has it been?
- How do economics and power relate to home ownership?
- How does where you live relate to other aspects of family life, such as health?
- What are some solutions to the housing challenges that families in the U.S. face?