Food and Water Chapter Preview Questions
As you read this chapter, consider the following questions:
- How is the production of food tied to equity?
- What role do government crop subsidies play in nutrition?
- What role do tax breaks and food banks play in food insecurity?
- How do food costs and the poverty line interact?
- What influences a family’s food purchases? How does what you’ve read relate to your own family’s experience with food?
- What are the factors that affect a family’s access to safe water and sanitation?
- What role does the government play in the water and sanitation system?
- Are safe water and sanitation a human right?