Health and Health Care Preview Questions
As you read this chapter, consider the following questions:
- How do socially constructed ideas affect health?
- What is the advantage of understanding disparities related to social characteristics (race, gender, etc.)?
- Why are people with mental illness or abuse substance disorders less likely to get medical care and support?
- What are the challenges to all families being able to keep themselves healthy by meeting basic needs such as sleep, exercise and a good diet?
- What is the difference between a health care system and health insurance?
- How does family structure affect access to health insurance and health care?
- How do geography and income level overlap when it comes to health care access?
- What role does capitalism play in the opioid epidemic?
- Is health a human right?