Search Strategies Summary
Bravo! You’ve completed Part 2: Search Strategies for Module 2 of LIB100. In addition to the reading for this week, you need to complete your Module 2 reflection and Research Log 2 by midnight this Thursday.
Part 2: Search Strategies Key Takeaways
As a result of completing Module 2, you should be able to
- Identify main concepts of your research topic to create keywords.
- Define how your own bias can impact your results.
- Recognize the source types and subject matter found in popular library search tools.
- Navigate the Barber Library website to locate search tools.
- Select a search tool appropriate for your information need.
- Put all the strategies together that we’ve learned so far to search.
- Use the filters and toolbars of library search tools.
- Efficiently search Google and Google Scholar.