As you read Part 1, consider the following:
- How would you define the information need for your research project scenario?
- Do you need to do any background reading to prepare for your research project scenario?
- What type of sources do you use every day?
- How do you discover those sources?
The following ten chapters are in Part 1:
- Reflecting On Your Understanding of Information Creation
- Defining an Information Need
- Developing a Research Topic
- Background Reading
- Information Sources
- “Scholarly” Sources
- Different Sources for Different Needs
- Search Tools
- Different Search Tools for Different Sources
- Start Your Research Process Summary
It should take approximately 75 minutes to complete Part 1.
Use the arrows at the bottom of each page to move forward and backward through the modules. Or, use the Contents menu in the top left hand corner to go to a particular section.