I AM – An Olympic Athlete
Watch Michael Hubbs talk about his life, training, and challenges. Answer the questions below in your notebook. (Remember, you can listen at 75% speed in Settings on YouTube.)
- What is this athlete’s name and what does he do?
- What drives, or motivates, him?
- What challenges has he overcome?
- Now, think about yourself and what motivates you. What challenges have you overcome to achieve your goals?
- Prepare a list of 5 things that describe you, your activities, interests or passions.
- Now, write an “I AM” list about yourself with at least 5 lines to describe your accomplishments, passions or challenges. Be prepared to share your list in class.
Here’s a model to follow:
(by Nanci Leiton)
I AM a mother who raises children to solve problems.
I AM a person who helps others whenever possible.
I AM a person who strives to make a kinder world for everyone.
I AM a teacher who creates a place for people to learn and achieve their goals.
I AM a gardener who loves to grow green things and eat healthy food.
I AM a citizen with the best interests of ALL people in my community.