Watch, listen, and take notes from this short presentation.
If you want to practice listening for details, preview the questions below before you watch.
Did you catch the main ideas and important details?
Answer these questions about details from the lecture. Use your notes from the lecture and be ready to answer these questions:
- Macronutrients provide _____ to our bodies.
- Macronutrients include _____ .
- water and micronutrients.
- protein, carbohydrates and fat
- Carbohydrates and protein
- Our bodies need micronutrients in _____ doses.
- With regular exercise, our diets should be about _____ carbohydrates.
- List 3 places you can find protein in food, according to the speaker.
- Fat has several roles in our bodies. They…
- help improve ____________________ development,
- protect vital organs, and
- assist vitamin absorption.
- Micronutrients include vitamins and minerals. List several examples of each that are mentioned by the speaker:
- Vitamins: _________________________________________________
- Minerals: _________________________________________________
- How can we have a healthy and balanced diet?
- Consume both macro- and micronutrients
- Eat many different colors of foods
- Both A and B are correct.