3.7 Revision checklist for proposals
As you review and revise your proposal, keep the following in mind:
- Use the right format. Check with your instructor to insure you are using the format requested and look at any samples provided.
- Write a clear summary of (or introduction to) your proposal topic.
- Identify exactly what you are proposing to do.
- Ensure that a report—a written document—is somehow involved in the project you are proposing to do if that is what your instructor has assigned.
- Ensure that the sections of your proposal are in a logical, natural order and that you use sub-headers and bullets (and any other formatting styles) correctly.
- Address the proposal to your named audience—not your instructor.
Chapter Attribution Information
This chapter was derived by Annemarie Hamlin, Chris Rubio, and Michele DeSilva, Central Oregon Community College, from Online Technical Writing by David McMurrey – CC: BY 4.0