Chapter 3 – Assignment
This assignment will help you to create an infographic, which is a visual representation of your research.
Guidelines for creating an effective infographic:
- Make a claim: a good infographic should state or imply a claim and present evidence to support that claim.
- Use accurate data: once you state your claim, find evidence to support it (quoted material, statistics, findings, etc.).
- Write concisely: an infographic’s text should be clear, concise, and brief.
- Don’t present too much information: readers may be turned off or intimidated by too much text or or a graphic is too packed with images to be effective.
- Finalize and review your research: this will help you with the next step.
- Familiarize yourself with the data and the different ways to present it, and then choose the most appropriate visual representation for your project.
- Choose colors and fonts that match or seem appropriate to your overall message.
- Consider creating two different versions of your infographic so that you may choose the most effective one for your specific audience and purpose.
- Cite all your image sources.
Here are a few sites to help you create your infographic:
- Piktochart: a web-based infographic creator with many themes, graphics, and user-friendly editing tools.
- Hubspot: offers several free templates for creating infographics in PowerPoint.
- Canva: a web-based infographic creator with several free templates
- Venngage: offers free options for creating infographics
- Visme: free online tool for making infographics