Use your dictionary to look up each word in the list below. Note its part of speech. Copy the dictionary definition in “quotation marks” followed by the name of the dictionary in parentheses. Then write an original sentence using the vocabulary word (do not copy the example sentence from the dictionary; use your own words).
Use these games to practice this week’s vocabulary words. Click “Choose a Study Mode” to change games. Note: This is not graded; you may play these games as many times as you wish.
Use the vocabulary words above to complete the sentences below.
- After the final exam, I felt great __________________ until I saw my grade was better than I expected.
- If robots are used to __________________ the factory, people may lose their jobs.
- One __________________ of good writing is grammar, but content and organization are equally important parts.
- “Hey, dude!” is not an __________________ way to greet a professor.
- There was no __________________ on my test; I received 100%.
- Every __________________ has a subject and a verb, but only independent ones express a complete idea.
- Teachers like to __________________ students in many activities because it helps them to learn more.
- Helping people who are homeless should be the city’s __________________ concern nowadays. It is the most important.
- We should take classes together next term. Let’s __________________ our schedules.
- Patience is __________________ to learning anything because everything takes time.