Use your dictionary to look up each word in the list below. Note its part of speech. Copy the dictionary definition in “quotation marks” followed by the name of the dictionary in parentheses. Then write an original sentence using the vocabulary word (do not copy the example sentence from the dictionary; use your own words).
Use these games to practice this week’s vocabulary words. Click “Choose a Study Mode” to change games. Note: This is not graded; you may play these games as many times as you wish.
Use the vocabulary words above to complete the sentences below.
- Let’s get together next week. What days are you __________________ to meet?
- We’ve seen a __________________ toward more international students in English classes. Enrollment has increased over the past five years.
- If you use information from a book, periodical or website, you must always __________________ your source so that readers know where it came from.
- She is one of a few assistants who have direct __________________ to the president. She can meet or talk with him any time.
- Where did you get that information? What is its __________________ ?
- My __________________ thought was to stay home, but later I changed my mind and went to the party anyway?
- The body paragraphs may __________________ , but the basic essay structure remains the same.
- The washing machine has only one __________________ : wash, rinse, repeat.
- Portland Community College offers classes for both __________________ study and professional training.
- The house needs cleaning, and our first __________________ should be to sweep the floors.