In the last unit, we talked a lot about how to find good information from outside sources. Now we will focus on how to use that information in our writing. Formatting is only part of the lesson. It’s also important to think about how the information supports or proves or thesis. And, as always, we will continue to strengthen our academic vocabulary and grammar along the way.
By the end of this week, you should be able to …
- Define 10 terms from the academic word list and use them accurately in writing.
- Construct a quotation sandwich and use it in writing appropriately.
- Demonstrate accurate use of noun clauses and use them in writing appropriately.
- Demonstrate accurate use of parallel structure and use it in writing appropriately.
- Produce second drafts of the first reflection and Essay 02.
To accomplish the learning objectives above, you will …
- Study vocabulary by looking up words in a dictionary, practicing the words with Quizlet activities, and then taking a quiz about those words.
- Read articles, watch videos, complete practice exercises, and participate in discussions about grammar, composition, and the writing process.
- Review feedback on the first reflection and Essay 02 and use that information to edit your writing.