Sometimes the hardest part of an essay is the introduction. Sometimes it’s the conclusion. This unit will give you tips for strengthening the beginning and the ending of your writing.
By the end of this unit, you should be able to …
- Define 10 terms from the academic word list and use them accurately in writing.
- Describe attributes of strong introductions and conclusions, and incorporate them in writing.
- Demonstrate accurate use of adverb clauses and use them in writing appropriately.
- Combine multiple drafts of a thesis statement into a single new thesis statement in three-story form.
- Produce second drafts of the third reflection and Essay 03.
To accomplish the learning objectives above, you will …
- Study vocabulary by looking up words in a dictionary, practicing the words with Quizlet activities, and then taking a quiz about those words.
- Read articles, watch videos, complete practice exercises, and participate in discussions about grammar, composition, and the writing process.
- Review feedback on the third reflection and Essay 03 and use that information to edit your writing.