We’ve pushed forward a lot. We’ve addressed metacognition, critical thinking, source evaluation, and MLA8 formatting and citation. Wow! Now it’s time to take a breath and review some basics so that our writing is as strong as it can be.
By the end of this unit, you should be able to …
- Define 10 terms from the academic word list and use them accurately in writing.
- Describe clarity and coherence in writing and apply those characteristics in writing appropriately.
- Demonstrate accurate use of adjective clauses and use them in writing appropriately.
- Demonstrate awareness of expectations for Essay 03 and prepare it according to standard conventions and expectations.
- Produce a second draft of the second reflection.
To accomplish the learning objectives above, you will …
- Study vocabulary by looking up words in a dictionary, practicing the words with Quizlet activities, and then taking a quiz about those words.
- Read articles, watch videos, complete practice exercises, and participate in discussions about grammar, composition, and the writing process.
- Analyze the assignment instructions and then write the first draft of an essay.
- Review feedback on the second reflection and use that information to edit your writing.