Key Terms and Concepts
Unit 1 Learner Outcomes [No specific alignment with example course outcomes]
- State the most basic purpose of the human body from a physics viewpoint.
- State the purpose of this textbook.
- Identify barriers to academic success and evaluate strategies to overcome barriers.
- Explain the course expectations, including cognitive level and time commitment.
- Provide an example study strategy that incorporates feedback and metacognition.
the process of transferring chemical potential energy stored in food to useful work and thermal energy
Objects, events, or conditions that hinder access.
The mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses
Splitting attention between more than one task at a time.
1) information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc. which is used as a basis for improvement.
2) the modification or control of a process or system by its results or effects, e.g., in a biochemical pathway or behavioral response
awareness and understanding of one's own thought processes
a thoughtful and specific process for self-directed learning.