Skip to content
Unit 4: Better Body Composition Measurement
- Define mass, volume, density, weight and apparent weight.
- Explain how mass and weight are related when near the surface of Earth and calculate one from the other.[1,2]
- Apply the concept of static equilibrium to determine the magnitude and direction of unknown forces.
- Apply Archimedes principle to determine the buoyant force objects and decide if they will sink or float.
- Determine density from mass and volume measurements and using hydrostatic weighing.[1,3,4]